Spring 2019 Meeting – Seattle, WA
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, locations, proposals, and public comments will be posted below as it becomes available. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
April 24-26, 2019, 8:30 am - 6:30 pm PACIFIC TIME
Renaissance Seattle Hotel
515 Madison Street
Seattle, WA, 98104-1119
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments. The face-to-face meetings are not webcast. Times shown for face-to-face meetings are always in the meeting location’s local time zone; whereas, webinars and commenting deadlines are always based on the Eastern time zone.
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
- NOP Update (pdf) - NOP
- Organic Survey - Adam Cline, USDA National Agricultural Statistics Survey (pdf)
- Celery Powder Panel presentations (pdf)
- Methionine updates (pdf)
- Biodegradable Biobased Mulch Film presentations (pdf)
The comment docket for this meeting is now closed. The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invited the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments at its Spring 2019 meeting in Seattle, Washington. The deadline to submit written comments and sign up for oral comments was 11:59 p.m. April 4, 2019.
Written comments on the NOSB Subcommittees’ proposals can be viewed via Regulations.gov. A detailed agenda and the NOSB proposals are linked above.
The Board heard oral comments during the following times:
- April 16 & 18, 2019, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern (3 minute comment slot)
- In-person meeting
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019 and Thursday April 25, 2019 (3 minute comment slot)
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-720-0081