The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, hosts expert panels, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary of Agriculture in a public forum.
With input from the National Organic Standards Board and the organic community, NOP held the NOSB Spring 2021 Meeting live online, instead of in-person. This allows the Board to move forward with deliberations as scheduled in an open and public setting, without the need for travel.
NOSB Spring 2021 Meeting Dates
- Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Tuesday, April 20 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday April 22 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Wednesday, April 28 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Thursday, April 29 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Friday, April 30 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
Detailed meeting information, including the agenda, NOSB proposals, and links to read written comments are posted below. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
The meetings are free and open to the public, and registration is not required unless you wish to provide public comment. Times shown for meetings, webinars and commenting deadlines are always based on the Eastern time zone.
How to Participate
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments before each of its business meetings. Please note: The deadline to submit written public comments or requests for oral comment speaking slots was 11:59 p.m. ET, Monday, April 5, 2021.
To read public comments submitted to the NOSB please visit Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-20-0089).
Post Meeting Resources
- Part 1: National Organic Program Update, a recorded presentation will be made available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center at Course “NOP-998 – NOP Presentations.” Need a Free Account? Read “Getting Started” to sign up from the Organic Training Web page.
- Part 2: National Organic Program Update (pdf)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Update (pdf)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-997-0115