The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, hosts expert panels, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary of Agriculture in a public forum.
With input from the National Organic Standards Board and the organic community, NOP will hold the NOSB Spring 2021 Meeting live online, instead of in-person. This allows the Board to move forward with deliberations as scheduled in an open and public setting, without the need for travel.
NOSB Spring 2021 Meeting dates
- Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Tuesday, April 20 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday April 22 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Wednesday, April 28 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Thursday, April 29 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Friday, April 30 from Noon - 5 p.m. ET
Links to the webinar and meeting will be provided approximately one week before the webinars.
Detailed meeting information, including the agenda, NOSB proposals, and links to submit written comments and register for oral comments, are posted below. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
The meetings are free and open to the public, and registration is not required unless you wish to provide public comment. Times shown for meetings, webinars and commenting deadlines are always based on the Eastern time zone.
How to Participate
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments at its Spring 2021 business meeting. Please note: In order to be considered during the Spring 2021 meeting, written public comments or requests for oral comment speaking slots must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET, Monday, April 5, 2021.
Please submit feedback on the NOSB Subcommittees’ proposals via Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-20-0089). A detailed agenda, along with the proposals, is available above, and posted in Regulations.gov. The deadline to submit written comments is 11:59 p.m. April 5, 2021.
Oral comment registration is open. The form to register can be found below. The Board will hear oral comments during the following times via Zoom:
Tuesday, April 20, and Thursday, April 22, 2021, from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. Eastern
- Commenters will be scheduled in the order in which they registered, beginning with the Tuesday, April 20 webinar. Requests may be accommodated where possible.
- In an effort to accommodate the greatest number of people, commenters are limited to one 3-minute speaking slot.
- You will receive more detailed instructions for providing oral testimony once you submit your registration request.
The deadline to register for an oral comment slot is 11:59 p.m. ET, Monday, April 5, 2021.
Post Meeting Resources – to be added after the meeting
- Part 1: National Organic Program Update, a recorded presentation will be made available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center at Course “NOP-998 – NOP Presentations.” Need a Free Account? Read “Getting Started” to sign up from the Organic Training Web page.
- Part 2: National Organic Program Update (pdf)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-997-0115