August 19, 12:00pm ET
August 19, 2:00pm ET
The U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), National Organic Program (NOP) will host a public listening session, or public hearing, for stakeholders to share their comments on regulatory requirements for organic livestock and poultry standards. This session is being held during the open public comment period for the Organic Livestock and Poultry Standards (OLPS) proposed rule.
During the listening session, NOP staff will hear comments on the new proposed rule. Transcripts will be posted in the Federal Register document for the associated proposed rule. AMS intends to use the information to guide future rulemaking and standards development activities for poultry and mammalian living conditions, health care, transport, and slaughter.
Online Meeting Details
- Date: Friday, August 19, 2022
- Time: 12:00-2:00 pm ET
- The virtual meeting can be accessed via the internet and/or phone. Zoom information to access the meeting will be available on this web page prior to the event.
- Registration IS NOT required to participate. Only individuals who want to present oral comments during the virtual meeting must pre-register using the form below.
- Friday, August 19, 2022 from 12:00pm-2:00pm, Eastern Time
- Click this Zoom link to join: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1618620481
- Join by phone:
One tap mobile
+16692545252,,1618620481# US (San Jose)
+16468287666,,1618620481# US (New York)
Dial by your location:
+1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
+1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
+1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
+1 551 285 1373 US
- Webinar ID: 161 862 0481
- International numbers available: https://www.zoomgov.com/u/acD2wLHjfw
Related Historical Documents
Organic Livestock and Poultry Practices
- Written comments will also be accepted via Regulations.gov (docket number AMS-NOP-21-0073). The deadline to submit written comments is 11:59 p.m. ET, October 11, 2022.
- Registration to present oral comments closed at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 15, 2022.
- Commenters will be scheduled in the order in which they registered. We will hear from as many commenters as possible in the time allotted. We must end the session at 2:00 p.m. according to the Federal Register. Scheduling requests may be accommodated, where possible.
- Each commenter will be allotted one three-minute speaking slot during the virtual listening session.
Questions? Email Andrea Holm, NOP Materials Specialist.