Irish Potatoes Grown in Washington; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number AMS-FV-13-0010; FV13-946-1 IR. EFFECTIVE April 30, 2013. Comments received by June 28, 2013, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
Washington State Potato Growers Vote to Continue Marketing Order [Press Release
Irish Potatoes Grown in Washington; Modifications of the Rules and Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-11-0024; FV11-946-3 FIR. EFFECTIVE: August 10, 2011. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Washington; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-11-0012; FV11-946-2 FIR. EFFECTIVE: July 15, 2011. [Notice PDF
Vegetable Import Regulations; Modification of Potato Import Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-08-0018; FV08-980-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: January 11, 2010. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Irish potatoes grown in Washington
- Crop Shipping Season: July through June
- Fiscal Year: July 1 through June 30
- Production Area(s): Washington
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes grade, size, quality, maturity, container, pack, and marking or labeling regulations, all of which have been established and are in effect. Grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements in effect under the marketing order also are applied to imports of red-skinned, round-type potatoes during the months of July through September.
- Section 8e Requirements: Imported commodities must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements as those specified under this marketing order.
- Research and Promotion: Research and promotion activities are not authorized under the order.
- The order was promulgated in September 27, 1949, and last amended July 18, 2005.
Committee Structure: The Washington Potato Committee administers the order locally and consists of six producers, three handlers and their alternates. Committee membership is apportioned among the three districts within the production area. Members serve 3-year, staggered terms of office that begin July 1. Members are nominated at nomination meetings or by mail, which is then followed by mail balloting.
Matt Harris, Manager, Washington Potato Committee, P.O. Box 1815, Moses Lake, Washington 98837; Phone: (509) 765-8845; FAX: (509) 765-4853. Email: MHarris@potatoes.com
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, Phone: (202) 720-2491.