Irish Potatoes Grown in Modoc and Siskiyou Counties, California, and in All Oregon Counties, Except Malheur County; Termination of Marketing Order. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0036; FV13-947-1 PR. Comments due by September 20, 2013. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Modoc and Siskiyou Counties, California, and in All Oregon Counties, Except Malheur County; Suspension of Handling, Reporting, and Assessment Collection Regulations. Docket Number: FV00-947-1 FIR. EFFECTIVE: December 6, 2000. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Irish potatoes grown in Modoc and Siskiyou Counties, California, and all counties in Oregon, except Malheur County
- Crop Shipping Season: July through June
- Fiscal Year: July 1 through June 30
- Production Area(s): Modoc and Siskiyou Counties, California, and all counties in Oregon, except Malheur County
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes establishment of grade, size, maturity, quality, and pack regulations, which are not currently in effect.
- Research and Promotion: Market research and development programs are authorized under the order, but no such programs are currently active.
- The order was promulgated January 20, 1942, and was last amended under formal rulemaking July 2, 1970.
Committee Structure: The order is administered locally by the Oregon-California Potato Committee, which consists of 14 members (9 producer and 5 handler members). Each member has one alternate. Committee membership is apportioned among the five districts of the production area. Members and alternates are selected to serve 2-year, staggered terms of office that begin June 1. Producer and handler members are nominated at nomination meetings held in each of the five districts.
Contact: Bill Brewer, Manager, Oregon-California Potato Committee, 9320 SW Barbur Boulevard, Suite 130, Portland, Oregon 97219; Phone: (503) 731-3300; Fax: (503) 239-4763.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, Phone: (202) 720-2491.