Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, California; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-14-0057; FV14-987-3 FIR. EFFECTIVE: December 10, 2014. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, California; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-14-0057; FV14-987-3 IR. EFFECTIVE: October 1, 2014. Comments received by October 27, 2014, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, California; Revision of Assessment Requirements. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0900; FV14-987-2 FR. EFFECTIVE: July 17, 2014. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, California; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0053; FV13-987-1 IR. EFFECTIVE: October 1, 2013. Comments received by November 4, 2013, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Domestic dates produced or packed in Riverside County, California. Varieties regulated: Deglet Noor, Zahidi, Halawy and Khadrawy
- Crop Shipping Season: October 1 through September 30
- Fiscal Year: October 1 through September 30
- Production Area(s): Riverside County, California
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes, and currently has in effect, minimum standards for grade, size and containers for different variety categories. The order has authority to establish volume regulations, but has not utilized that authority since 1972. Grade and size requirements established under the order also are applied to all imported dates.
- Research and Promotion: The order authorizes marketing research and development projects including marketing promotion using paid advertising. Research and promotion projects in these areas are currently active, but paid advertising is not being used.
- The order was promulgated in 1955 and was last amended under formal rulemaking on February 1, 1978.
- 8e Requirements: 8e requirements specify that imported commodities must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements, as those specified under this marketing order.
Committee Structure: The California Date Administrative Committee consists of nine members and alternates; three of the members are producers and the remaining six are producer-handlers. The three members representing producers cannot be handlers. The producer-handlers may be selected from handlers or producers. Each member has one alternate. Members and alternates serve 3-year terms of office that begin August 1. Producer and producer-handler members are nominated at polling places or by mail ballots.
Lorrie Cooper, Manager; California Date Administrative Committee; P.O. Box 1736; Indio, California 92201-1736; Phone: (760) 347-4510; FAX: (760) 347-6374; Web site: www.datesaregreat.com
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service; Phone: (202) 720-2491.