Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, CA; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-12-0035; FV12-987-1 FIR. EFFECTIVE April 30, 2013. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, CA; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-12-0035; FV12-987-1 IR. EFFECTIVE: January 9, 2013; comments received by March 11, 2013, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, CA; Order Amending Marketing Order 987. Docket Number: AMS-FV-10-0025; FV10-987-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: July 25, 2012. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, CA; Proposed Amendments to Marketing Order 987 and Referendum Order. Docket Number: AMS-FV-10-0025; FV10-987-1 PR. A producer referendum to determine support for seven proposed amendments will be held January 16, 2012, through February 3, 2012. The representative period for the referendum is October 1, 2010, through September 30, 2011. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, CA; Increased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-10-0059; FV10-987-2 FR. Effective: November 19, 2010. [Notice PDF
Domestic Dates Produced or Packed in Riverside County, CA; Changes to Nomination Procedures and a Reporting Date. Docket Number: AMS-FV-09-0035; FV09-987-1 FR. Effective: November 25, 2009. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Domestic dates produced or packed in Riverside County, California. Varieties regulated: Deglet Noor, Zahidi, Halawy and Khadrawy
- Crop Shipping Season: October 1 through September 30
- Fiscal Year: October 1 through September 30
- Production Area(s): Riverside County, California
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes, and currently has in effect, minimum standards for grade, size and containers for different variety categories. The order has authority to establish volume regulations, but has not utilized that authority since 1972. Grade and size requirements established under the order also are applied to all imported dates.
- Research and Promotion: The order authorizes marketing research and development projects including marketing promotion using paid advertising. Research and promotion projects in these areas are currently active, but paid advertising is not being used.
- The order was promulgated in 1955 and was last amended under formal rulemaking on February 1, 1978.
- 8e Requirements: 8e requirements specify that imported commodities must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements, as those specified under this marketing order.
Committee Structure: The California Date Administrative Committee consists of nine members and alternates; three of the members are producers and the remaining six are producer-handlers. The three members representing producers cannot be handlers. The producer-handlers may be selected from handlers or producers. Each member has one alternate. Members and alternates serve 2-year terms of office that begin August 1. Producer and producer-handler members are nominated at polling places or by mail ballots.
Lorrie Cooper, Manager; California Date Administrative Committee; P.O. Box 1736; Indio, California 92201-1736; Phone: (760) 347-4510; FAX: (760) 347-6374; Web site: www.datesaregreat.com
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service; Phone: (202) 720-2491.