Appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, the NOSB is a Federal Advisory Committee comprised of the following members of the organic community:
- Three environmentalists/resource conservationists
- Three consumer/public interest advocates
- One scientist (toxicology, ecology, or biochemistry)
- One USDA accredited certifying agent
The Call for Nominations for the 2016 Board Appointees
The NOP is seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Two (2) farmers/organic producers,
- Two (2) public or consumer interest group representatives, and
- One (1) USDA accredited certifying agent.
Written nominations must include a cover letter, resume, and an AD-755 application form and must be postmarked on or before May 15, 2015. Please see below for additional information and application materials.
Call for Nominations: Hydroponic and Aquaponic Task Force – DEADLINE: May 8, 2015
AMS is seeking nominations for a task force to explore hydroponic and aquaponic production practices and their alignment with USDA organic regulations. The objective of the task force will be to gather input from a diverse group of stakeholders and industry experts and produce a final report, expected in the Spring of 2016. The task force will report to the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB). The deadline for nominations is May 8, 2015.