The Pandemic Response and Safety (PRS) Grant Program provides grants to food processors, distributors, farmers markets, and producers to respond to coronavirus, including for measures to protect workers against COVID-19. Preview the grant announcement.
This program is authorized and funded under section 751 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. USDA developed the PRS Grant Program in response to extensive stakeholder feedback during listening sessions in March 2021, and written comments provided through March 30, 2021. Information from the listening sessions is available online.
- Application period opens October 2021
- Application period will be open for 45 days
Check your eligibility by viewing the PRS Eligible Industry Groups (pdf)
Obtain a DUNS number, and learn more about the application process at the Grant Solutions website.
- USDA Invests $700 million to Provide Relief to Small Producers, Processors, Distributors, Farmers Markets and Seafood Processing Vessels and Processors Impacted by COVID-19
- USDA Pandemic Response and Safety Grant Program will accept applications starting October 2021
- PRS Grant Program Overview (pdf)