35.6 million food boxes invoiced in round one (May 15-June 30)
26.8 million food boxes invoiced in round two (July 1-August 31)
Updated August 13, 2020
Payments to distributors under the Farmers to Families Food Box Program are only made upon the submission of an invoice documenting evidence of delivery and adherence to contractual requirements.
As part of the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program Secretary Perdue announced on April 17, USDA is exercising authority under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act to purchase and distribute agricultural products to those in need. Through this program, USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) is partnering with national, regional and local distributors, whose workforces have been significantly impacted by the closure of restaurants, hotels and other food service businesses, to purchase up to $3 billion in fresh produce, dairy and meat products from American producers of all sizes. The program will supply food boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, meat products and a combination box of fresh produce, dairy or meat products. Distributors will package these products into family-sized boxes, then transport them to food banks, community and faith-based organizations, and other non-profits serving Americans in need. The first round of purchases totaling up to $1.2 billion occurred from May 15 through June 30, 2020. The second round will aim to purchase up to $1.47 billion July 1 through August 31, 2020. AMS may elect to extend the period of performance of the contracts, via option periods, dependent upon program success and available remaining funds, up to $3 billion.
For details on purchases, visit the solicitations page.
Round Three Solicitation for Farmers to Families Food Box Program
(currently accepting proposals)
- Solicitation - Full Text (pdf)
- Solicitation - Amendment (pdf)
- Solicitation - Submission Spreadsheet (xls)
- Webinar Presentation (pdf) | Webinar Recording
- Amendment Webinar Presentation (pdf)
Farmers to Families Food Box Program Outreach Materials
Available for use by program participants.
Round One and Round Two Program Information
- Approved Contractors for the Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- Farmers to Families Food Box Program FAQs
Request for Proposal and Applicable Attachments, round one (May 15-June 30) and round two (July 1-August 31)
- RFP Frequently Asked Questions - updated 4/30/2020
- RFP - ER Acquisition (pdf)
- RFP - ER Acquisition Amendment 1 (pdf)
- RFP Attachment 1 Emergency Acquisition MSCP (pdf)
- RFP Attachment 2 Compilation of TEFAP sites for AMS (xls)
Farmers to Families Food Box Program Announcements
- July 27, 2020 - Farmers to Families Food Box Program Reaches 50 Million Boxes Delivered
- July 24, 2020 - USDA Announces a Third Round of Farmers to Families Food Box Program Purchases
- June 23, 2020 - USDA Farmers to Families Food Box Program Reaches 20 Million Boxes Distributed
- June 17, 2020 - USDA Extends Farmers to Families Food Box Program Contracts for Some Vendors
- June 4, 2020 - USDA Farmers to Families Food Box Program Reaches 5 Million Boxes Distributed
- May 8, 2020 - USDA Approves $1.2 billion in Contracts for Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- April 27, 2020 - USDA Provides Additional Details on the Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- April 27, 2020 - USDA Hosts Webinar for Farmers, Shippers and Suppliers Interested in Participating in the Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- April 19, 2020 - USDA to Purchase Up to $3 Billion in Agricultural Commodities, Issue Solicitations for Interested Participants
Tuesday, July 28, 2020, at 3 p.m. (ET) - A webinar that discusses technical details of USDA’s solicitation for the third round of purchases for the program.
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 2 p.m. (ET) - a webinar for farmers, shippers and other suppliers interested in participating in the Farmers to Families Food Box Program. This webinar is an opportunity for these parties to learn how to move their food through this new program for produce, dairy and meat products.
- View the Zoom Meeting Recording Access Password: 9f@a7VV8
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 12 p.m. (ET) - a webinar to discuss technical details for the Request for Proposals
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 – an informational webinar discussing Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) and providing overview of Farm to Families Food Box Program
Participants: David Tuckwiller, Christopher Purdy, Elizabeth Lober, Hilary Cole
AMS Administrator Discusses Farmers to Families Food Box Program
Call with distributors and non-profit organizations to overview the Farmers to Families Food Box Program portion of the recent $19 billion CFAP announcement. The call took place April 20, 2020.
Participants: Bruce Summers, Administrator, AMS, Mike Beatty, Director, Office of Partnerships and Public Engagement, Brandon Lipps, Deputy Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services