Release No. 082-18
WASHINGTON, Jun. 19, 2018 – Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue today announced the appointment of 10 members to fill vacancies on the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board.
“Milk is produced in all 50 states and these appointees represent a cross section of the fluid milk processing industry. I know that the dairy industry will be well served by them," said Perdue.
Members serving three-year terms, July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2021, are:
- Brian P. Linney, Reston, Va. (Region 3);
- Joseph L. Carson, Martins Ferry, Ohio (Region 6);
- Gregory J. Schwarz, Cashton, Wis. (Region 8);
- Marissa H. Jarratt, Dallas, Texas (Region 9);
- Ann M. Ocana, Phoenix, Ariz. (Region 12);
- Richard L. Struble, San Marcos, Calif. (Region 15);
- Lewis R. Goldstein, La Farge, Wis. (At-large, processor); and
- Robert N. Barley, Conestoga, Pa. (At-large, general public).
Members appointed immediately to serve the remaining one-year portion of vacant appointments that expire June 30, 2019, are:
- Ralph H. Hallquist, Dallas, Texas (Region 4); and
- Rachel A. Kyllo, St. Paul, Minn. (At-large, processor).
The National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board is composed of 15 fluid milk processors from 15 geographic regions and 5 at-large members. At least three at-large members must be fluid milk processors and at least one must be from the general public. The board was established by the Fluid Milk Promotion Act of 1990 to develop and administer a coordinated program of advertising and promotion to increase the demand for fluid milk products.
More information about the board is available on the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board page on the AMS website, including a link to the Board’s membership under the heading Organizational Structure.
More information about research and promotion programs is available on the Research and Promotion Programs page on the AMS website.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender
For Firefox users, please download Adobe Flash player from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
In order to see a caption of each photo, please follow the steps below:
1. Click play button.
2. Click expand button on the lower right corner.
3. Click 'Show Info' link on the upper right corner.