With input from the Board and the organic community, we modified the NOSB Fall 2021 Meeting to be held live online, instead of in-person. This allowed the Board to move forward with deliberations as scheduled in an open and public setting, without the need for travel.
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During the meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses petitions to add or remove substances from the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances (National List), reviews substances due to sunset from the list and votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum.
Detailed meeting information, including agenda, location, and proposals are posted below. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
NOSB Fall 2021 Meeting dates:
Virtual via Zoom
- Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Wednesday, October 13 from 12:00 - 6:00 pm Eastern
- Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, October 14 from 12:00 - 6:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Tuesday, October 19 from 12:00 - 6:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Wednesday, October 20 from 12:00 - 6:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Thursday, October 21 from 12:00 - 6:00 pm Eastern
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments.
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
Post Meeting Resources
- National Organic Program Update, a recorded presentation is available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center at Course “NOP-998 – NOP Presentations.” Need a Free Account? Read “Getting Started” to sign up from the Organic Training Web page.
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to the NOSB Recommendations
How to Participate
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments before each of its public meetings. The deadline to submit written public comments or request an oral comment speaking slot was 11:59 p.m. September 30, 2021.
The comment period is now closed. To read public comments submitted to the NOSB, please visit Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-21-0038).
Oral comment registration is closed. The deadline to register for an oral comment slot was 11:59 p.m. Eastern, September 30, 2021.
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist, or call 202-997-0115.