The NOSB will meet to discuss substances petitioned for addition to or deletion from the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances (National List), substances due to sunset from the National List in 2023, and recommendations on organic policies. Please visit the NOSB Meetings page for further information and instructions.
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, location, proposals and how to participate will be posted below as it becomes available. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown - Arena
300 J Street
Reservations Link: 2021 Fall NOSB Board Meeting or + 1 877 666 3243 (Group name: National Organic Standards Board)
Room reservation cutoff date: Friday, September 24, 2021
NOSB Fall Meeting 2021 dates:
• Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Wednesday, October 13 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
• Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, October 14 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Tuesday, October 19 from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Pacific
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Wednesday, October 20 from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Pacific
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Thursday, October 21 from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Pacific
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments. Times shown for face-to-face meetings are always in the meeting location’s local time zone. Webinars and commenting deadlines are always based on the Eastern time zone.
Links to the virtual comment webinars will be provided approximately one week before the webinars.
- Draft Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
How to Participate
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments at its Fall 2021 business meeting. Please note: in order to be considered during the Fall 2021 meeting, written public comments or requests for oral comment speaking slots must be received by 11:59 p.m. September 30, 2021.
Please submit feedback on the NOSB Subcommittees’ proposals via Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-21-0038). A detailed agenda, along with the proposals will be posted above and posted in Regulations.gov as they become available. The deadline to submit written comments is 11:59 p.m. September 30, 2021.
Oral comment registration will open in early September.
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist, or call 202-997-0115.