Fall 2019 Meeting – Pittsburgh, PA
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on proposals to the Secretary in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, locations, proposals, and public comments will be posted below as materials become available. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh City Center
One Bigelow Square
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments. The face-to-face meetings are not webcast. Times shown for face-to-face meetings are always in the meeting location’s local time zone; whereas, webinars and commenting deadlines are always based on the Eastern time zone.
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
- Tentative Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
- NOP Update (pdf) - NOP
The comment docket for this meeting is now closed. The deadline to submit comments and/or sign up for oral comments was 11:59 pm ET October 3, 2019.
Written comments on the NOSB Subcommittees’ proposals can be viewed via Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-19-0038).
The Board heard oral comments during the following times.
- October 15 & 17, 2019, from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Eastern (3-minute comment slot)
- In-person meeting
- Wednesday, October 23 and Thursday, October 24, 2019 (3-minute comment slot)
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-720-0081