The NOSB met to discuss substances petitioned for addition to or deletion from the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances (National List), substances due to sunset from the National List in 2024, and recommendations on organic policies.
The NOSB typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items and Subcommittee proposals, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum.
Detailed meeting information is posted below. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
NOSB Spring Meeting 2022 dates:
• Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Tuesday, April 19 from Noon - 5:00 pm EST
• Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, April 21 from Noon - 5:00 pm EST
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Tuesday, April 26 from Noon - 5:00 pm EST
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Wednesday, April 27 from Noon - 5:00 pm EST
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Thursday, April 28 from Noon - 5:00 pm EST
- Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
Post Meeting Resources
- National Organic Program Update, a recorded presentation is available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center (OILC) at Course “NOP-998 – NOP Presentations.”
If you would like a free OILC account, read “Getting Started” to sign up from the Organic Training Web page.
- Organic Seed Alliance (OSA) Presentation (available upon request)
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Presentation (available upon request)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to the NOSB Recommendations (pdf)
How to Participate
The NOSB invited the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments at its Spring 2022 Meeting.
Please note: The deadline to submit written public comments and/or request an oral comment speaking slot was 11:59 p.m. EST April 1, 2022.
The written comment period is now closed. Please visit Regulations.gov. (Docket # AMS-NOP-21-0087) to read public comments submitted to the NOSB.
Oral comment registration is closed. The deadline to register for an oral comment slot was 11:59 p.m. Eastern, April 1, 2022.
- Commenters are limited to one 3-minute speaking slot to accommodate the greatest number of people.
- Proxy speakers are not allowed.
- When you are called on to speak, you must state your name and affiliation for the record.
- Clear, concise comments specific to NOSB agenda items are most useful.
- After your comment, the NOSB members are invited to ask questions.
- If you are not present when the NOSB Chair calls your name, the Chair will move to the next speaker. We may be able to revisit the list of missed speakers at the end of each day.
- Video cameras are optional, and you may deliver your comments with audio only.