The NOSB will meet to discuss substances petitioned for addition to or deletion from the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances (National List), substances due to sunset from the National List in 2024, and recommendations on organic policies. Please visit the NOSB Meetings page for further information and instructions.
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes on recommendations to the Secretary in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, locations, proposals, and public comments, will be posted below as it becomes available. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
The Westin Crystal City
1800 Richmond Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22202
Reservations +1 800-937-8461 (Group name: National Organic Standards Board)
Room reservation cutoff date: April 4, 2022
NOSB Spring Meeting 2021 dates:
• Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Tuesday, April 19 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
• Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, April 21 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Tuesday, April 26 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Wednesday, April 27 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
• NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Thursday, April 28 from Noon - 5:00 pm Eastern
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments. Times shown for face-to-face meetings are always in the meeting location’s local time zone. Webinars and commenting deadlines are always based on the Eastern time zone.
Questions? Email Michelle Arsenault, NOSB Advisory Committee Specialist or call 202-997-0115.