The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) typically meets twice per year in various locations around the United States. During meetings, the NOSB listens to public comments, discusses agenda items, and then votes in a public forum. Detailed meeting information, including agendas, locations, recommendations, and public comments, will be posted below as it becomes available, on or before Sep 12, 2017. For information on previous meetings, visit the NOSB meetings page.
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
245 Water Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Room reservations: Call or use the online reservation link.
Reservation cutoff date: October 9, 2017
The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments. The face-to-face meetings are not webcast.
- Federal Register Notice of Meeting
- Tentative Meeting Agenda (pdf)
- Meeting Materials (All Proposals and Discussion Documents) (pdf)
- Subcommittee Proposals (Individual proposals)
- Meeting Transcripts (pdf)
- Meeting Summary (pdf)
- Voting Summary (pdf)
- Final NOSB Recommendations
- NOP Response to NOSB Final Recommendations (pdf)
- USDA National Organic Program update (pdf) - Jennifer Tucker, NOP Associate Deputy Administrator
- Materials Update (pdf) - Lisa Brines, National List Manager
- Import Panel Presentations (pdf) - Michael Durando (USDA Marketing Orders and Agreements Division); Matt Farmer (USDA APHIS/Plant Protection and Quarantine); Daniel Collier (U.S. Customs and Border Protection); Jennifer Tucker USDA National Organic Program
The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) invites the public to submit written comments and/or provide oral comments at its Fall 2017 business meeting in Jacksonville, FL. The comment period will close October 11, 2017. Please note: In order to be considered during the Fall 2017 meeting, written public comments or requests for oral comment speaking slots must be received by 11:59 p.m. October 11, 2017.
Please submit feedback on the NOSB Subcommittees’ proposals via Regulations.gov. A detailed agenda will be available on or before September 12, and will be linked above. The deadline to submit written comments is 11:59 p.m. October 11, 2017.
Oral Comment Registration
The Board will hear comments during pre-meeting webinars on October 24 and 26, and during the in-person meeting on October 31 and November 1. Commenters may only sign up for one 3-minute comment slot. Deadline to sign up: 11:59 p.m. Eastern, October 11, 2017. Registration for the in-person meeting and the webinars is full. Please email or call Michelle Arsenault, 202-720-0081, to be added to the waitlist.
If you would like to listen to the webinars on October 24 and 26, 2017, you can access them as follows:
Step 1: Dial In by Phone:
- Toll-Free (U.S. & Canada): 866.740.1260
- Access Code: 7202000
Step 2: Also Access the Web (optional):
- Meeting URL: http://www.readytalk.com
- Click the green button in upper right to “join meeting”
- On the left side of the screen, enter Access Code 7202000, and click green button to “join meeting”. Enter your name into the participant registration box.
The system can accommodate up to 150 callers; after that limit is reached, callers may be told that the call capacity has been exceeded. Transcripts of the call(s) will be available after the in person meeting concludes.
NOSB Hydroponics web conference
August 14, 2017 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern.
The public was invited to listen to the NOSB discuss the development of a proposal on hydroponics. Transcripts are linked below.