The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced the National Sheep Industry Improvement Center Board of Directors is accepting grant proposals for the Sheep Production and Marketing Grant Program (SPMGP). The SPMGP was established to foster improvements in the U.S. sheep industry and will be accepting proposals through Sept. 15, 2020.
This year the center has budgeted approximately $300,000 to support projects consistent with the grant program objectives. The average grant amount over the last four years is $29,000. Financial assistance provided by the center must accomplish one or more of the following objectives:
- Strengthen and enhance the production and marketing of sheep and sheep products in the United States through the improvement of infrastructure, business, resource development and the development of innovative approaches to solve long term problems.
- Provide leadership training and education to industry stakeholders.
- Assist all segments of the industry in addressing sustainable production and marketing of sheep and sheep products.
- Promote marketing of sheep and sheep products through an organized method that can measure tangible results.
- Enhance the sheep industry by coordinating information exchange and seeking mutual understanding and marketing within the industry community.
The board will review each proposal and make funding recommendations to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) for approval.
For more information about applying, contact Program Manager Steve Lee at (207) 236-6567 or email@example.com, or send mail to:
National Sheep Industry Improvement Center
1578 Spring Water Way
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
The National Sheep Industry Improvement Center was established in 2008 and awarded approximately $1.9 million in 2019 for a five-year grant through AMS’s Sheep Production and Marketing Grant Program: https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/grants/spmgp.
Additional information about the center is available on its website: www.nsiic.org.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender