Irish Potatoes Grown in Certain Designated Counties in Idaho, and Malheur County, Oregon; Modification of Container Requirements. Docket Number: AMS-FV-14-0046; FV14-945-2 FR. Effective: November 13, 2014. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Certain Designated Counties in Idaho, and Malheur County, Oregon; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0093; FV14-945-1 FR. Effective August 1, 2014. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Irish potatoes grown in certain designated Counties in Idaho and in Malheur County, Oregon
- Crop Shipping Season: July through June
- Fiscal Year: August 1 through July 31
- Production Area(s): Idaho and Malheur County, Oregon
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes grade, size, maturity, pack, quality, and container regulations, all of which have been established and are in effect. Grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements in effect under the marketing order also are applied to imports of long-type potatoes during each month of the year.
- Research and Promotion: Research and promotion activities are not authorized under the order.
- 8e Requirements: The 8e requirements specify that imported long-type potatoes must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements as those specified under this marketing order.
- The order was promulgated in September 3, 1941, and was last amended under formal rulemaking on June 5, 1995.
Committee Structure: The Idaho-Eastern Oregon Potato Committee, which administers the order locally, consists of five producers, three handlers, and their respective alternates. Producer and handler representation is apportioned among three districts within the production area. Members and alternates serve 2-year, staggered terms of office that begin June 1. Producer members are nominated by producers, and handler members are nominated by handlers at nomination meetings held within the three districts. Mail nominations are authorized, but not yet used.
Contact: Travis Blacker, Manager, Idaho-Eastern Oregon Potato Committee, 3670 South 25th Street East, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404; Phone: (208) 529-8057.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, Phone: (202) 720-2491.