Irish Potatoes Grown in Colorado and Imported Irish Potatoes; Relaxation of the Handling Regulation for Area No. 2 and Import Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0073; FV13-948-3 PR. Comments received by December 5, 2014, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Colorado; Decreased Assessment Rate for Area No. 2; Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0072; FV13-948-2 FIR. EFFECTIVE: February 25, 2014. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Colorado; Modification of the General Cull and Handling Regulation for Area No. 2. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0001; FV13-948-1 FIR. EFFECTIVE: November 26, 2013. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Colorado; Decreased Assessment Rate for Area 2. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0072; FV13-948-2 IR. EFFECTIVE: November 23, 2013. Comments received by January 21, 2014, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
Irish Potatoes Grown in Colorado; Modification of the General Cull and Handling Regulation for Area No. 2. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0001; FV13-948-1 IR. EFFECTIVE: June 15, 2013; comments received by August 13, 2013, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Irish potatoes grown in Colorado
- Crop Shipping Season: July through June
- Fiscal Year: September 1 through August 31 (Area II); July 1 through June 30 (Area III)
- Production Area(s): Colorado’s San Luis Valley (Area II) and Northern Colorado (Area III)
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes establishment of grade, size, quality, maturity, container, and pack regulations for potatoes grown in Colorado. Requirements under these authorities are currently in effect. Three production areas were authorized under the order, but only two are currently active.
- Research and Promotion: Market research and development programs are authorized under the order, but no such programs are currently active.
- 8e Requirements: The 8e requirements specify that commodity imports must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements as those specified under this marketing order. Imports of round-type potatoes, other than red-skinned varieties, must meet the requirements of Area II (San Luis Valley) throughout the entire year.
- The order was promulgated on August 28, 1941, and was last amended under formal rulemaking July 27, 1960.
Committee Structure: The order is administered locally by the two active Area committees, together with the Colorado Potato Committee. The Area II Committee consists of nine producer members and five handler members. The Area III Committee consists of three producer members and two handler members. Each of the members on both committees has one alternate.
- Jim Ehrlich, Area II Executive Director, Colorado Potato Committee, 1305 Park Avenue, P.O. Box 348, Monte Vista, Colorado 81144; Phone: (719) 852-3322; FAX: (719) 852-4684.
- Lola Mundt, Area III Executive Director, Colorado Potato Committee, 528 7th Street, P.O. Box 1774, Greeley, Colorado 80632-1774; Phone: (970) 352-5231; FAX: (970) 304-0861.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, Phone: (202) 720-2491.