Pistachio Import Regulation; Docket Number: AMS-FV-09-0064; FV09-999-1. EFFECTIVE: September 26, 2012. [Notice PDF
Pistachios Grown in California, Arizona and New Mexico; Authorization to Establish Export Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-10-0094; FV11-983-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: June 19, 2012. [Notice PDF
Pistachios Grown in California, Arizona and New Mexico; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-11-0077; FV11-983-2 FIR. EFFECTIVE: April 13, 2012. [Notice PDF
Pistachio Growers Vote to Amend Marketing Order [Press Release
]. The referendum was conducted from October 3 through October 14, 2011. [Notice PDF
Specialty Crops; Import Regulations; Proposed Pistachio Import Requirements. Docket Number: AMS-FV-09-0064; FV09-999-1 PR. This proposed rule invited comments on the establishment of a minimum quality regulation for imported pistachios. Comments were due by December 20, 2011. [Notice PDF
Pistachios Grown in California, Arizona, and New Mexico; Decreased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-11-0077; FV-983-2 IR. EFFECTIVE: September 30, 2011. Comments were due by November 28, 2011. [Notice PDF
Pistachio Growers in California, Arizona, and New Mexico Vote to Continue Marketing Order. [Press Release
Pistachios Grown in California, Arizona, and New Mexico; Modification of the Aflatoxin Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-10-0031; FV10-983-1 FIR. EFFECTIVE: November 10, 2010. [Notice PDF
Pistachios Grown in California; Changes to Handling Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-09-0031; FV09-983-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: November 3, 2009. [Notice PDF
Pistachios Grown in California: Order Amending Marketing Order No. 983. Docket Number: AO-FV-08-0147; AMS-FV-08-0051; FV08-983-1. EFFECTIVE: November 3, 2009. [Notice PDF
] [Press Release
- Commodity Regulated: Pistachios grown in California, Arizona and New Mexico
- Crop Shipping Season: Production year begins September 1 and ends August 31 of each year
- Production area: States of California, Arizona and New Mexico
- Order Authority and Regulations: The marketing order authorizes grade, quality, size, and reporting requirements on in-shell and shelled pistachios, including testing for aflatoxin levels.
- Research and Promotion: There are no research and promotion authorities under the current marketing order.
- The order was promulgated on April 5, 2004 and was amended in 2009 to expand to a three-State territory.
Committee Structure: The Administrative Committee for Pistachios is comprised of two handler members, nine producer members representing four districts, and a public member. Each member has one alternate. Members and alternates are nominated to two-year, staggered terms of office, with one-half of the committee members selected each year.
Dr. Bob Klein, Manager; Administrative Committee for Pistachios; 4938 East Yale Avenue, Suite 102; Fresno, California 93727; Phone: (559) 255-6480, Ext. 101; Fax: (559) 255-6485; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service; Phone: (202) 720-2491.