Vidalia Onions Grown in Georgia; Change in Reporting and Assessment Requirements. Docket Number: AMS-FV-12-0071; FV13-955-1 FIR. EFFECTIVE: September 17, 2013. [Notice PDF
Vidalia Onions Grown in Georgia; Continuance Referendum. The referendum will be conducted from September 9 through September 27, 2013. To vote in this referendum, producers must have produced Vidalia onions within the designated production area in Georgia during the period of January 1 through December 31, 2012. [Press Release
Vidalia Onions Grown in Georgia; Change in Reporting and Assessment Requirements. Docket Number: AMS-FV-12-0071; FV13-955-1 IR. EFFECTIVE: May 15, 2013. Comments received by July 15, 2013 will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
Vidalia Onions Grown in Georgia; Change in Late Payment and Interest Requirements on Past Due Assessments. Docket Number: AMS-FV-11-0016; FV11-955-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: June 29, 2011. [Notice PDF
Vegetable Import Regulations; Administrative Changes for Onions. Docket Number: AMS-FV-08-0018; FV08-980-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: January 11, 2010. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Shipments of Vidalia Onions grown in Georgia.
- Crop Shipping Season: April through December.
- Fiscal Year: January 1 through December 31.
- Production Area(s): A state-defined 20-county region of South Georgia.
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes production research, marketing research and development, and marketing promotion programs, including paid advertising. All of these programs are active and are designed to improve the marketing, distribution, consumption, or efficient production of Vidalia onions. The order does not authorize grade, size, quality, container, or pack regulations.
- Research and Promotion: Currently in effect.
- The order was promulgated in 1989.
Committee Structure: The Vidalia Onion Committee administers the order locally and consists of eight producer members and their alternates and one public member and an alternate. Committee members serve staggered two-year terms of office that begin January 1. One-half of the producer members are nominated each year. Members are limited to three two-year terms of office. Producer members are nominated by producers at an industry-wide nomination meeting.
Wendy Brannen, Manager, Vidalia Onion Committee, 100 Vidalia Sweet Onion Drive, Vidalia, Georgia 30474 (P.O. Box 1609, Vidalia, Georgia 30475); Phone: (912) 537-1918; Fax: (912) 537-2166; Web site: www.vidaliaonion.org
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, Phone: (202) 720-2491.