Kiwifruit Grown in California; Proposed Amendments to Marketing Order. Docket Number: AMS-FV-12-0008; FV12-920-1PR. Comments must be received by April 9, 2013. [Notice PDF
Kiwifruit Grown in California; Change in Reporting Requirements and New Information Collection. Docket Number: AMS-FV-11-0041; FV11-920-1 FR. EFFECTIVE: December 24, 2011. [Notice PDF
Kiwifruit Grown in California; Order Amending Marketing Order No. 920; Correction. Docket Number: AO-FV-08-0174; AMS-FV-08-0085; FV08-920-3 C. EFFECTIVE: January 25, 2011. [Notice PDF
Kiwifruit Grown in California; Changes to District Boundaries. Docket Number: AMS-FV-08-0085; FV08-920-3 FIR. EFFECTIVE: November 4, 2010. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Kiwifruit grown in California.
- Crop Shipping Season: September through May.
- Fiscal Year: August 1 through July 31.
- Production Area: California
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes grade, size, quality, maturity, pack, container, and container-marking requirements for California Kiwifruit. The order requires that most Kiwifruit containers be lot stamped. Waivers of inspection and certification may be granted under certain pre-arranged situations. Minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements established under the order also apply to imported Kiwifruit.
- Research and Promotion: Market research and development projects are authorized for special-purpose shipments.
- The order was promulgated in 1984 and was last amended under formal rulemaking on June 29, 2010.
- 8e Requirements: The 8e requirements specify that imported commodities must meet the same or comparable minimum grade, size, quality, and maturity requirements as those specified under this marketing order.
Committee Structure: The 12-member Kiwifruit Administrative Committee is comprised of 11 grower members and 1 public member. Each member has one alternate. With the exception of the public member and alternate, all members and their respective alternates shall be growers or employees of growers. District representation on the Committee shall be based upon the previous five-year average production in the three districts and shall be established so as to provide an equitable relationship between membership and the three districts. Members are nominated by growers via mail ballot or at a polling place. Members serve 2-year staggered terms of office from August 1 to July 31.
Contact: Chris Zanobini, Manager; Kiwifruit Administrative Committee; 1521 I Street; Sacramento, California 95814; Phone: (916) 441-0678; FAX: (916) 446-1063.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service; Phone: (202) 720-2491.