Grapes Grown in Designated Area of Southeastern California; Increased Assessment Rate. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0005; FV13-925-1 FR. Effective date July 3, 2013. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Table grapes grown in a designated area of Southeastern California.
- Crop Shipping Season: May through August.
- Fiscal Year: January 1 through December 31.
- Production Area(s): Imperial County, part of Riverside County, and part of San Diego County, California.
- Order Authority and Regulations: The marketing order authorizes grade, size, quality, maturity, pack, and container requirements from April 10 to July 10 each year for any or all table grape varieties except the Emperor, Calmeria, Almeria, and Ribier varieties. The order establishes limited packing holidays.
- Research and Promotion: The order also establishes production research and development projects designed to assist, improve, or promote the marketing, distribution, consumption, or production of grapes.
- The order was promulgated in 1980 and was last amended under formal rulemaking on June 9, 1992.
Committee Structure: The California Desert Grape Administrative Committee is comprised of 12 members, with each member having one alternate. Five members and their alternates shall be producers or officers or employees of producers (producer members). Five members and their alternates shall be handlers or officers or employees of handlers (handler members). One member and alternate shall be either a producer or handler or officer or employee thereof, and one member and alternate shall represent the public. Members and alternates are nominated and selected to serve one-year terms of office. Producer members are nominated by producers, and handler members are nominated by handlers at a nomination meeting. The one member who could be a producer or a handler is nominated by a vote of both producers and handlers. The public member is nominated by the Committee.
Contacts: Lorrie Cooper, Manager, California Desert Grape Administrative Committee; 82901 Bliss Avenue, Indio, California 92201; Phone: (760) 342-4385; FAX: (760) 342-0485.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service; Phone: (202) 720-2491.