Cranberries Grown in the States of Massachusetts, et al; Revising Determination of Sales History. Docket Number: AMS-FV-12-0042; FV12-929-2 FR. EFFECTIVE: August 21, 2013. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Shipments of cranberries grown in the States of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Washington, and Long Island in the State of New York.
- Crop Shipping Season: Ongoing
- Fiscal Year: September 1 through August 31
- Production Area: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Washington, and Long Island in the State of New York.
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes volume control through producer allotments and handler withholdings.
- Research and Promotion: The order authorizes production research and market research and development projects that include paid advertising. The Committee is currently conducting several marketing development projects.
- The order was promulgated in August 15, 1962, and last amended under formal rulemaking on February 15, 2005.
Committee Structure: The Cranberry Marketing Committee includes 13 growers and 1 public member. There are 6 grower members who represent Ocean Spray Cranberries, the industry's largest cooperative and handler, 6 who represent independent growers, and 1 member at large. The marketing order authorizes 9 alternate member positions. The 2-year terms of office begin August 1. Producer and handler members are nominated by mail balloting in all districts.
Contact: Scott Soares, Executive Director; Cranberry Marketing Committee; 219A Main Street; Wareham, Massachusetts 02571; Phone: (508) 291-1510, Ext. 14 or (800) 253-0862; FAX: (508) 291-1511.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service; Phone: (202) 720-2491.