Apricots Grown in Designated Counties in Washington; Suspension of Handling Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0040; FV13-922-1 FIR. [Notice PDF
Apricots Grown in Designated Counties in Washington; Suspension of Handling Regulations. Docket Number: AMS-FV-13-0040; FV13-922-1 IR. EFFECTIVE: October 24, 2013. Comments received by December 23, 2013, will be considered prior to issuance of a final rule. [Notice PDF
- Commodity Regulated: Apricots grown in designated counties in Washington
- Crop Shipping Season: July through September
- Fiscal Year: April 1 through March 31
- Production Area(s): The counties of Okanogan, Chelan, Kittitas, Yakima, and Klickitat in the State of Washington and all counties in Washington lying east thereof.
- Order Authority and Regulations: Marketing order authorizes grade, size, quality, maturity, markings, pack, and container regulations for apricots.
- Research and Promotion: The order authorizes marketing research and development projects, none are currently in effect.
- The order was promulgated in 1957 and was last amended under formal rulemaking on June 2, 1962.
Committee Structure: The Washington Apricot Marketing Committee is administered locally by 12 members, including 8 growers and 4 handlers. Each member has one alternate. Membership is evenly divided between the two districts comprising the production area. Members and alternates serve a 2-year term of office that begins April 1.
Contact: B.J. Thurlby, Manager; Washington Apricot Marketing Committee; 105 South 18th Street, #205, Yakima, Washington 98901; Phone: (509) 453-4837.
AMS Contact: Director, Marketing Order and Agreement Division, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, Phone: (202) 720-2491.