Our Marketing Information and Education cluster enhances our ability to inform and educate operators of small and medium-size farms about marketing opportunities. We are the in-house, administrative, and technical support arm of the Marketing Services Branch, and we facilitate the actual electronic and physical access to research findings, statistical information, and marketing data provided by the other clusters.
Our efforts help to:
- Educate State and local governments, nonprofit organizations, universities, and other USDA agencies about the availability of marketing information and resources.
- Reach our customers at the grassroots level by coordinating MSB participation in conferences, conventions, and symposiums.
- Capture in-person presentations for dissemination on the website.
- Answer questions relating to farmers markets by maintaining USDA’s Farmers Market Hotline.
We manage the publication, dissemination, and storage of the following products, in hard copy and on the Web:
- Market studies analysis/results
- Facility feasibility studies
- Other publications (brochures, fact sheets, “how-to” manuals)
- Postharvest technology information