Appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, the NOSB is a Federal Advisory Committee comprised of the following members of the organic community:
- Three environmentalists/resource conservationists
- Three consumer/public interest advocates
- One scientist (toxicology, ecology, or biochemistry)
- One USDA accredited certifying agent
Call for Nominations for 2016 Board Appointees will be posted in Spring 2015 - Look for new materials soon.
- Press Release: USDA Seeks Nominations for the National Organic Standards Board
- Federal Register Notice (link coming soon)
Call for Nominations: Hydroponic and Aquaponic Task Force – DEADLINE: May 8, 2015
AMS is seeking nominations for a task force to explore hydroponic and aquaponic production practices and their alignment with USDA organic regulations. The objective of the task force will be to gather input from a diverse group of stakeholders and industry experts and produce a final report, expected in the Spring of 2016. The task force will report to the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB). The deadline for nominations is May 8, 2015.